Learning Design workshop with Professor Gráinne Conole
Register now for a Learning Design workshop with Professor Gráinne Conole, presented by the Centre for Research on Learning and Innovation (CRLI).
- When: 29th Nov, from 1.00-5.00pm
- Where: Charles Perkins Centre, Seminar Rooms 1.1 and 1.3.
- Registration is free but essential - https://goo.gl/forms/CeDrEhpHmLlBugAa2
- Light refreshments will be provided.
This is an intensive design workshop to help participants make pedagogically informed design decisions that make appropriate use of digital technologies. This might include the design or re-design of face-to-face, blended or online courses (individual modules or whole course). Participants should have a course in mind to design and storyboard the teaching and learning.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- conceptualise the learning design process from different perspectives
- apply a range of learning design resources, tools and methods to a learning intervention
- critique a range of pedagogical approaches and the role played by different technologies, in supporting these
- review and debate the theoretical underpinnings of learning design
- develop an innovative storyboard, learning activities and a structure for implementation.
The workshop’s activities are part of the 7Cs of learning design framework. Participants will engage with a range of learning design conceptual tools. They will work in groups and will periodically share back their discussions with the rest of the participants. Artefacts produced will be captured and made available online. Variants are possible including looking at designing flexible and technology enhanced learning spaces and designing for specific pedagogical approaches such as the flipped classroom or active learning.
Participants will work in teams and will require a working laptop with internet connection.This event is open to everyone but will be of particular interest to program convenors, unit coordinators and educational designers.
Gráinne Conole is a consultant and visiting professor at Dublin City University. She has worked at the Universities of Bath Spa, Bristol, Leicester, OU and Southampton. Her research interests are on the use of technologies for learning, including Open Educational Resources (OER) and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), new approaches to designing for learning, e-pedagogies, and social media. She has an HEA National Teaching Fellowship and fellow of EDEN and ASCILITE. She has published and presented over 1000 talks, workshops and articles. See http://e4innovation.co.uk for more details.
Registration is free but essential - https://goo.gl/forms/CeDrEhpHmLlBugAa2